Friday, December 11, 2009

Asian eye makeup...plz help!!?

I have like, ';no eyelid'; and was wondering what type of makeup I should wear on my eyes (what color eyeshadow,if any etc.)Asian eye makeup...plz help!!?
I disagree with the person above me. You can wear darker colors if you like them, but in general darker colors will make your eyes appear smaller...esp if you were to do a traditional smokey eye where the eye is completley lined all the way around with a black pencil. I personally have the ';no eyelid'; as well and I have found ways to do shadows and liners to enhance the beautiful shape of our eyes. I work at Sephora so I have lots of makeup and try different techniques all the time..here is my favorite way of doing shadow though.





Start with a primer if you're going to do any bright colors. You can do any color you want from black to bright green...it's all about PLACEMENT. I like the urban decay primer the best. Next, put a base color all over the eye. I like Stila's Kitten shadow. It's a shimmery nude color...shimmery not glittery. The light base opens the eye....just like black clothing makes you appear smaller and white clothing makes you appear larger, it's the same concept with shadows. This will brighten your eyes. Since you don't have a crease, the distance from your lashline to your eye fold is generally longer...so you can do a thick eyeliner and not even see it. I know you know what I mean..the eyeliner dissapears, right? This is the area that you can have fun with colors or darker shadows because it only shows when you blink. I take a purple or a green after i line my eye and take it all the way up to the point where I can see it a little when my eyes are open. Depending on your eye..when you are looking straight into a mirror you either have a lot of space from your eye to your brows or a little bit of space....if you have a lot of space this is where you can ';create a crease'; if you'd like. I only do this because without it I've got too much skin showing. Feel your eye...right under your brow there is a bone...feel where the bone naturally goes in...this is your natural crease. That is where you can put a neutral tone (brown...grey) to give the eye depth and create a more dramatic look. I never put bold colors here or I get the whole clown look. So...looking into an angled mirror with this technique you should see your lashline...your liner...your darker/fun color..the lighter shimmery or irridescent color...and then the neutral color in the ';crease';.





Sorry for such a long post..but I just wanted to help. I've been in your shoes!Asian eye makeup...plz help!!?
asians do NOT look good with shiny bright colors on their eyes (green, pink, yellow, orange, etc), especially witout eyeliner, while caucasians can smear some pearly shadow %26amp; look beautiful!


i think that wit asians eyes, you should go for darker colors like grey black and brown. black eyeliner looks the best and for eyeshadow, try smokey colors or a mixture of different browns. if you want something shiny, get a metallic dark colored eye shadow





hope this helps
watch make up videos


i really like this girls





http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?us鈥?/a>






Check out these videos.





I do not have asian eyes myself, but I researched these videos for you and thought that they maybe be of some help.





Good Luck.... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting