Saturday, December 5, 2009

Anybody know good makeup for Asian people?

i'm asian and i've been having a really hard time for makeup that actually works with my type of skin...any suggestions for colors, brands, etc. is good. thnx!!!Anybody know good makeup for Asian people?
I've always had that problem until i went around and played with a lot of makeup. My favourite look is a coppery eyeshadow with pink at the outer edges. Although it sounds a little weird with me describing it, but together it looks beautiful. Just apply a nice neutral base on the lid and above, then a copper shimmer shadow over the lid and contour, and on the outer edges, put a pink shadow and blend blend blend! . For cheeks, try a pinky blush and a highlighter or a nice light bronzer (Try Nars bronzer in Laguna, works great with asian skin!) . When the sun hits your face, it looks so dewy and fresh and warms up your skin so much. As for lips, try a light pink and if you want to go daring, I love a light gold lipstick or gloss. Gold gives you a peachy light lip colour, perfect for upcoming spring and summer. Keep your mascara black and eyeliner any colour you like. (Try a dark purple and be amazed at how awesome it will look with your skintone, however my favourite would be dark brown purple colour such as Lise Watier's Eyeshine eyeliner in Fauve. Its not too harsh like a black but dark enough to make your eyes pop)





Favourite brands: Nars (their blushes in Orgasm and Zen)


Bobbi Brown foundation sticks (has great yellow undertones, good for asian skin)


My trusted glosses: Lancome colour fever gloss in hotness, and my trusty 6 dollar Maybelline shinylicious gloss in pink sorbet ( it gives the most natural soft piny shiny lips, can't live without it.)


For powders, a good press powder that i find matches my skin tones would be from Lise Watier.


Find a good primer, like the Nars primer, and your foundation with slide on like silk and stay on the whole day. A little goes a long way!





CheersAnybody know good makeup for Asian people?
I find coral colors and peaches work extremely well with my ';yellow'; tones. I like funky eyeshadow colors that I use as eyeliner to line my top lids. Urban Decay is a fun brand, as well as cargo.
personally, im not asian, but i have many asian friends. What they usually do is wear mascara. I'm not sure if you'll like eyeliner too, but i really like just a little bit of black eyeliner on your bottom lash. For your lips, maybe a pink, or clear, or just a lipgloss/lipstick that matches your skin tone. Try on a bit of blush. Depends also on how much time you have to get ready. I recommend Sephora, they have a very good and wide variety of things. Also a brand i like is smashbox *plus they don't test on animals :D





hope this helps %26amp; good luck finding your makeup :)
Hi! Heatherette would be a good brand :)


This video shows you how to do this beautiful colour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1orGvqEQ鈥?/a> ...It's really good and i thought it looked good on the Asian in the vid.The makeup to looks really good for Asians.I know coz that person is my friend:P
I'm thinking gold, and lining your inner rim with black.
Shu Uemura eyelash curlers are great, I love the brand in general.. it has to be my favorite by far. Since Shu Uemura, the creator is Japanese, he pays attention to the features of his own country which makes stuff like eyelash curlers good for asian eyes. Even if you don't have what I call the ';stereotypical'; asian eye then go try it anyway! (which can be like the other facial features of different Asian ethnicities around the world) Like some of the other answerers, I back Shisheido a whole lot! I especially love their eyeshadow quads. Last but not least, I really recommend Imju Fiberwig Mascara for stubborn straight lashes (even though I don't have them they work wonders on virtually anyone) :)
i'm asian. so like yeah.


brands for mascara, nothing hardly works on my lashes, so i suggest false eyelashes.





eyeliner. white silvery glimmer is the best. you do it right above the bottom lashes but below the eye ball [the waterline] then you take a silvery eyeshadow and you put it on the corner of your eyes. light black eyeliner on bottom lashes and you smudge it. [from sephora... all of them]





for lips, get the tinted kind from bath and body works, it has it in mint.





eyeshadows [estee lauder] it has many varieties. purple, golds, browns, and greens shadows work best with brown eyes.





bronzer with shimmer, victoria secret.





foundation. mac.
Try shishedo. It's fantastic. They have amazing colors for lips eyes and foundations in many different formulas for all types of skin tones and conditions. They also have fierce skin care. They are at most larger macy*s. Here is a link enjoy girl.


http://www.shishedo.com/
My boyfriend's sisters are Asian, and I always do there make-up for them. They buy all MAC and all that expensive stuff, but I've found the WET N WILD actually works best on their skin. I get the new compacts WET N WILD has out, they are square with about 8 different colors to choose from. I brush the light color first (beige/shimmer) on the whole lid and the bottom eyelid also. Then i dip my stick (very thin) in the darker color I choose (doesn't matter) and swipe it as if it's eyeliner on their eye lid, and bring it all the way, then back in to the lower lid less then half way. It looks so nice on them, it brings there eyes out so much more, you can really do this with any type of make up. I apply a little eyeliner and some lipgloss, and a bronzer with a light blush. It give them such a glow, they make me do it everytime they go out. Good luck!
Purple eye shadow with out eyeliner. Just a little bit of masacara or fake eyelashes. For the blush, try some thing pink but it blends in with your Asian skin tone. For the lips, try like a sheer gloss or a pink gloss^^ I'm Asian too^^
purple eye shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting