Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm Asian and have the hardest time finding Asian makeup that looks good on me.?

Generally, the makeup artists that try to put makeup on me at the cosmetic counters have no idea what they're doing. Do you have any recommendations on places that I can go to? Additionally, are there any makeover sites that you know of that offer tips on how to do Asian makeup?I'm Asian and have the hardest time finding Asian makeup that looks good on me.?
Hi! (: I'm a fellow Asian woman.





Here's a big thing you should never do: Use pink-tone foundation, concealer, powder or other face make-up in a pink-based colour. It'll look completely fake and horribly wrong!





I find that warm-toned shades flatter my yellow Asian skin tone best. A gold shimmer eyeshadow looks so pretty and natural. Warm browns and bronzes also look great when you're tan or when you want to go for a more dramatic, smokey eye look. Try to stay away from matte gray eyeshadow, or any other matte eyeshadow in the cool colours palette. They can clash with your skin.





If you have beautiful almond, slanted eyes-- don't try to create a crease or contour your eye to make it look bigger! The best way is just simple eyeliner (I prefer a soft, pretty brown colour for every day) on the top and lower lids. Don't line the inner part of the eye, it can lead to eye irritation and infection. Plus, it can make your eyes look smaller.





Don't do a really thick line of eyeliner on the bottom, just make the TOP line slightly thicker. Trace a thin line on the lower lid, from the outer corner NOT to the inner corner. Gradually fade out the line the closer it gets to the inner corner.





Us Asian women usually have straight eyelashes, and not very many of them. Don't bother applying any mascara to the bottom lashes, because I find that it usually smudges. If you can, curl the top lashes (clamp down the lash curler for at least 20 seconds), then apply a curling mascara. For special events, try some medium-sized false eyelashes for fun.





To make up for our sparse eyelashes, Asian women usual have gorgeous mouths-- full lips that can pull off almost any colour! On the contrary, stay away from dark lipstick, they rarely flatter anyone. Use a clear lip pencil or match it with your lip colour. Again, I believe warm tones look best. I like natural lips, but when I do wear lipstick I go for a soft, light rosy pink or golden peachy colour.








-








Here's a website: http://www.make-upusa.com/tips/asian.htm





Bobbi Brown's make-up book, ';Bobbi Brown Beauty'; has a section reserved specifically for the needs of today's Asian woman. Check it out at a library, read it at the bookstore, or buy it! It contains many useful tips for all ethnicities as well.I'm Asian and have the hardest time finding Asian makeup that looks good on me.?
I don't know of any makeover websites, but I do know what would look good on an Asian, for I have an Asian friend. For blush, wear a light pink-ish purple. For eye-shadow wear a light blue. Then on top of that wear a very very light pink.
its not so much the makeup its how you apply it. great makeup tips in this
im asian too =). i think mascara and black eyeliner looks really good on asians. also add some lipgloss and ur good to go!
Have you ever heard the saying less is more?





I think for asian skin, more is less. (No matter how much makeup I wear, it looks very little).


It depends on what kind of look you want to go for. Try the MAC website because they can give you tips on how to apply makeup.


A really good makeup book for all kinds of skins is by Kevyn Aucoin ';Face Forward.'; It's probably the best makeup book i've ever bought.


I know what you mean that people over cosmetic counters dont really know how to apply makeup for asian people. But read the book and it will give you some helpful hints. I personally find that the best and most lasting kind of makeup for my skin are cosmetics by Chanel, Dior, Stila and Nars. I think brands like MAC are sh*t, especially since the foundation undertones don't really match asian skin.
hi, im asian too. :D


try using green or gold eyeshadow, a brown- undertones blush, and any lipstick/ gloss that is not a light pink


and i think sephora has a new lower- lid eyelash curler, if you have stick- straight lower lashes, like me.
imon has a make up line that has a few foundation colors that work look online or at saphora also online .also there are 2 book your local barns and noble or library might have one is called making faces and the other i cant remember but you can look it up if you find the one it has techniques and tips for asian beauty also their is a book i just looked at just for asian women .next may i say don't be afraid of color try lining your lower and upper lid with a black pencil liner in outer corner and if your eyes are a dark brown like mine use a plum shadow on upper lid up to crease and above it use a shimmer powder which should add sparkle but no color then black mascara use a sheer plum gloss
She is right about Kevyn Aucoin's book. Also look at ';Making Faces';
Try to use yellow undertone make up coz we're yellowish.





for me, I can't live without eyelinear lol...


Mscara is important for asian as well but you know I feel annoy sometimes so I always apply Vasline petroleum jelly on my leyeash after curl or apply it on silicon of eye curler. It looks shiny and curl all day.





PS%26gt; There're Shiseido and Shu uemura brands. Eye curler are so awesome.
im asian too! i use bare minerals makeup. its really healthy, all natural ingredients, and their 2.3 medium tan color looks really natural on me and almost all of my asian friends because it has yellow undertones. also, i think asian girls look best with bronze/gold schemes. like, a little bronzer on cheeks gives more definition cuz most asians have less defined cheek bones. also i like lining the bottom of my eye with a little gold shadow, and gray on the lash line.





i think these colors are good with most asians with tan skin. if you have really light skin, i would use more pink blushes instead of bronzer. but gold on eyes are still nice.
MAC has the best and Soledro from estee lauder is great for asian woman, they work with your eyes, and face curves.
It's not the makeup, it's the technique you use. Asians have a naturally non-existant crease in the eyelid. Most caucasians create eye drama by putting shadow in the crease. Asisn's can use a technique that ';creates'; a crease by putting shadow a little higher than your natural crease. The shadow will peep over the hidden crease and create the illusion of depth. (I worked for Clinique before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting