Friday, December 11, 2009

This is more a sharing than question but i appreciate responses, abt being asian and makeup?

As an chinese Asian im lucky enough to have lids and ';some'; crease. not as deep as caucasian's/indian's but noticeable enough. I only hates my fat lump on my lids which makes eyeshadow looks not as good as ppl with creases.





I love make up and its not only abt being beatiful in it, its more into having fun with make up and i thank for my ';some'; creases.





I cant imagine myself having monolids coz to me eyeshadow looks ugly in monolids. Not tht i underestimate those with monolids, Monolids also can have nice makeup asian style with pastel colors and all, its just i looove more regular strong, bold colors which doesnt look good in monolids. those colors will make monolids end up like racoon. Only my personal opinion, coz i also only have ';some'; crease which makes strong, bold colors doesnt turned out as good as those with deep creases.





What do you think abt not being able to apply eyeshadow :(?


eyeshadow is like the most fun part of make up!!!This is more a sharing than question but i appreciate responses, abt being asian and makeup?
Oh, I think women with monolids CAN and SHOULD use a crease color! Dont' be afraid of it. Just practice until you really like what you see. Here's a couple tips:





Use a matte, very light color all over your entire lid, from lash to brow. This will create a nice, bright base color.





Then, look into the mirror, and with your index finger, find your natural ';crease';, where the eye socket is right above the eyeball. Gently touch that area so you know where to apply the shadow.





Then, take a deeper tone (plum, grey, green, whatever you would like), and using a longer, fluffy brush, start applying the deeper tone on the outer part of the crease you just found, and bring it towards the inner eye, but do not bring this color all the way to the inner eye. Make sure it softens and blends as you work your way in.





Take this same brush, and gently wipe it back and forth your new crease you just created, like a windshield wiper.





Make sure you finish with a dark line along the top lash line only. You may have to make it thicker so you are able to see the line when your eye is open.





Good luck! This will work, just practice.This is more a sharing than question but i appreciate responses, abt being asian and makeup?
Yo.


I'm Chinese to and I have monolids...


I don't know what you mean about not being able to apply makeup using strong bold colors, because I can and I do and I can actually pull it off!


The secret is to create a crease with the eyeshadow.


It also takes technique.. I don't pack on so much eyeshadow that I look like a raccoon or a friggin Asian prostitute haha...


I'm not ashamed of my monolids.


However, my current infatuation is with false eyelashes and whenever I wear them, I have full fledged double eyelids so I guess I'm a hypocrite baha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting