Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Any tips for applying eye makeup on Asian eyes?

The key to Asian eyes is that generally they're a lot smaller than that of their American counterparts, so to make your eyes look a lot bigger you have to focus on your lashes, because nice full lashes really make your eyes stand out and make them seem a lot bigger than they really are. That said, go with Shiseido. They're very famous for their eye makeup and I think their products are perfectly designed for Asians. Their mascara is a very good investment, especially the one with the small brush because it's so incredibly easy to apply, and even if your lashes are very short the mascara manages to make them look very voluminous and long. When your lashes are separated and fanned out, your whole eye brightens up.





Once you've got the eyelashes down, I'd recommend using a very light but shimmery color and apply that as a base on your eyelid. Don't go overboard and apply it all the way to your brow bone--I'd say just apply where your eyeball is when your eyes are closed. A nice gold or silver works very well. It brightens up your eyes and once again, makes them seem bigger and much more lively. The rest of the eyeshadow depends on what you're wearing and how you want to match with your outfit. But pretty much any color works well. If you just want the light shimmer then that ends up looking very pretty too.





Oh and another recommendation is a good eyelash curler. Shiseido is the best. Shu Uemura is very famous for their curlers but this brand is a lot harder to find in the US, unless you order online. I'd say stick with Shiseido because their counters can be found in pretty much every department store. I bought the curler for around $13-15 and the mascara goes for $21. It'll cost a pretty penny but it lasts a long time and I think it's really the best deal for Asian eyes. :)Any tips for applying eye makeup on Asian eyes?
Cause shiseido is a japanese company of makeup. Report Abuse
Any tips for applying eye makeup on Asian eyes?
i would only put eyeliner on the outter part of the top lid dark.and black mascar thats all youll need.
for eyeliner make the line thicker toward the outer part of your eye and thinner the closer you get to your nose
use liquid eyeliner mostly on the top but a little on the bottom.
practice makes perfect





just figure out what effect you want and try to achieve it and then try to duplicate it
black mascara on top lashes black eyeliner on bottom ild.





Avoid heavy shadow.


If any use one color like a light frost or golden frost cream only along top lid, do not pass the crease in your top lid.


Keep it simple.
Try squinting when you do it...
put some eyeliner on the crease so it makes your eyes look smaller and sexier( in a subtle way)
Hmm... I think that depends on what look you're aiming for. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the super-smokey eyeshadow look on Asian eyes. And unless you have very pink skin, I'd stay away from the blues and greens. Invest in a good mascara, with a good brush, and you won't have to bother with eyelash crimpers. I use Fresh Supernova, and I love it.
You must own an eyelash curler.





I'm not Asian, but I'm half Finish, and they are descended from the Mongols, so I have stick straight hair, and my eyelashes have no curl at all.





I bought a new eyelash curler that doesn't have any plastic on the sides, so it fits the eye better, the older style ones were like a box your eyelashes all had to fit within, and it was too curved for my eye.





I here Shi Uemura is supposed to have a nice one out, but I just bought a cheapy from Ulta. You might try Sephora.





Speaking of Shi Uemura, maybe that makeup would be a good idea, I think he is Japanese there is a chance it could already be balanced for your skin type/tone?





So many of the other lines are all French...


Any how hope that helps.
First I apply black liquid eyeliner on the crease of my eyelids.


then I use a brown pencil eyeliner on top of the black line.


Finally I use mascara and heat up my eyelash curler with a hair dryer to have long lasting curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting