Saturday, December 5, 2009

Asian; Makeup tips please!?

Currently I'm using Bare Minerals and a korean ';concealer'; by Mamonde. I'm happy with my coverage, but as a teenager going to school, I hate when people notice the abnormal texture of my skin (as well as my makeup). When I go outside, my face turns a pinkish color and shows the line of demarcation. I would really like to know how to find the right shade for me, while still looking 100% natural.


* I have REALLY bad acne scars. Just image dark brown spots all over my face.


* It would be nice if you gave me both advice AND products I could buy. [under $50]Asian; Makeup tips please!?
Sounds like you are wearing the wrong color of foundation. I have this problem w/ Bare Minerals. When you go outside- you shouldn't be able to see the foundation @ all or notice the color being off. To help find out what foundation suites your skin the best is all trial and error. Put it on and go outside to see what it looks like ( should look like nothing. )





If you still want to stick with mineral make-up there are better brands out there for Asian ( or any skin tone ). My favorite is Alima Cosmetics - www.alimacosmetics.com. They have a wide range of foundation shades and offer samples to buy- so you can buy some shades to see what matches you the best. The full sized jar is $18.95 and it packed full and a lot larger than Bare Minerals. It should last a long time. This should also cover your acne scars but they do offer a really good concealer that you can get a sample of too.





The other brand of mineral make-up that's good is Everyday Minerals- www.everydayminerals.com. They have a free sample kit and you just pay for shippingAsian; Makeup tips please!?
try bobbi brown products, they should be able to give a natural look to u ;)...or try bloom liquid foundation, i used to use it once. It could give u like 100% natural look if u know how to apply it on ur face (ask the girl at the counter) enjoy!
I know the perfect coverup for you! It's called Posner Cover Creme. It's designed to fuller cover dark marks from acne! My cousin uses it, and I swear it's like she got her mark surgically removed! Here's a link to it. It only cost $8! Even though it is desgined for black women, they still many colors and I'm sure the fair will work fine for you!





http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/POSNER鈥?/a>
I am also part Asian and my skin gets a bit blotchy with redness sometimes, but I am able to mix 2 different bare mineral foundations to make the perfect shade for me. I use their well rested as a concealer...It is made for eyes but alot of asian girls use it for concealer because it is a good shade for us. I dont have any texture problems with my skin though..just some redness.
I would suggest going to the Prescriptives cosmetics counter in your nearest department store and have their makeup artist make you a custom shade. They can make the shade in foundation, concealer, powder, etc and it will be an absolute perfect match for you.





Here is some info about it:


http://www.prescriptives.com/custom/cust鈥?/a>





And you can find your nearest store by visiting here:


http://www.prescriptives.com/templates/d鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting