Thursday, June 24, 2010

Makeup ideas that go with this hairstyle? (Asian skin, green dress)?

Prom advice please! I am asian and am wearing a dark green dress.





I would like to style my hair like this, though perhaps a little higher than hers:





http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/G/h/uma.鈥?/a>


http://www.easycurls.com/gallery/uma_in_鈥?/a>





I was wondering what kind of makeup would go well with it? I don't wear a lot of makeup usually so I don't want anything too intense. I was thinking of something along the lines of this, would it work:





http://foreveramber.typepad.com/photos/u鈥?/a>





Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.Makeup ideas that go with this hairstyle? (Asian skin, green dress)?
I would probably not go with red lips if you're wearing a green dress, as they're both such statement colours. I think smokey charcoal eyes and nude lips would be the way to go, with bronzed cheeks to play up your beautiful Asian complexion. I also think smokey eyes work wonderfully with loose curls - it's an interesting contrast between hard/edgy and loose/natural.





Getting your makeup done at a counter would be ideal - many places offer makeovers redeemable on purchase. If that's out of the question, try some of the following MAC products, or substitute similar products if you have them:


- Soft Ochre paint pot to prime the eyelid


- Print eyeshadow: dark grey with slight shimmer


- Carbon eyeshadow: matt black


- Blacktrack Fluidline: Black gel eyeliner


- Shroom eyeshadow: champagne shimmer, to highlight


- Freckletone lipstick: peachy nude lipstick, lovely on olive skintones


- Gingerly blush: peachy pink matt blushMakeup ideas that go with this hairstyle? (Asian skin, green dress)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTy-W0OR20





if you dont have the exact products....improvise with colors like it...


or you can use what I used my prom, I had dark green dress =) and I'm asian haha





I udes the Revlon eyeshadow quad in green:


http://media.onsugar.com/files/upl2/2/20652/10_2009/f8a557979a104e6c_2105092.larger.jpg





you can buy it at CVS/Rite aid/target...etc














the lighter the color of eyeshadow you use may make you look tired/sleepy mostly on asians
well you know how you can get liquid eyeleiner and like swirl it on the top, well i would do that with green liquid eyeliner, only at the top of youre eyelid. and then some cute blush
Yes, I think, like the link, that a red, but not too red lipstick, along with mascara that makes your eyelashes look long but not incredibly artificial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting