Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good makeup techniques for asian eyes?

Okay, so my eyes are ver-r-r-ry difficult. I am asian, so my crease doesn't run all the way to the inner corner, and you can't see my tear ducts. I do have a tiny bit of a crease, but it only goes to the middle of my eyelid. Also, I have kindof small eyes so it's easy to make them look even smaller. For example, I can't wear eyeliner on my water line. It sortof works if I jsut put it on the outer corner of my lower lash line, but it always makes me look like I have dark circles. It's always hard for me to find makeup techniques that work for my eyes, if anyone has any tips or suggestiong on eyeshadow for asian people, like how to make my eyes look bigger, I would much appreciate it.





Thank you!!!Good makeup techniques for asian eyes?
Hey! I'm half asian, so I totally understand your issue-that side of my family is always complaining.....I would say, depending on where you live (hopefully near a large-ish city)... i would save up if necessary and get eyelash extensions..... they last for a couple months; you don't have to use mascara and long full eyelashes make even the smallest eyes look larger





I would avoid dark eyeliner directly on the lid- it will only make your eyes look smaller


go with a light tan/gold/white eye shadow on lightly (you can do it both above on the eyelid and below your lashes, being careful not to cover up your lashes) and you could use a little dark eyeliner on your outer edge for a little cat eye look- plus think about your eyebrows as their shape can make your eyes look bigger and also, defining your brows may help (you can get browshadow etc anywhere from walgreens to sephora)





*also remember- if you want to change your eyes- find a feature of your face you like and play it up (bright glossy lip color or soft peachy pink cheeks)





If you want a specific look, check bobbi brown/ mac cosmetics or any brand that often uses asian models and you can copy cat their look





and girl- DO NOT worry about your crease.... almond-y asian eyes are great cuz then you can just apply a smoky grey eye shadow and look super mysterious- emerald green is also super fun..... although i would steer clear of any pink or red near the eye.... has a tendency to make people look sickly/tired











sorry post is so long but hey.... there are tons of makeup tricks!Good makeup techniques for asian eyes?
Curl your eyelashes. make it long. then just put some pink eye shadow on and a little bit uv eyeliner. try opening ur eyes wide!! lol. im asian and my eyes r humungo!!! and i put on the eye shadown, eye liner, and curled my eyelashes and my eyes looked like huge lol it was really cute =]
www.youtube.com/michellephan





She has lot's of good videos and she's asian too, so maybe that will help. All her videos ranges from hair, to eye make up, to skin care treatment. They are very helpful, I hope you have a chance to look at them. I've learned a lot of stuff from her videos. Goodluck! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting