Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Asian, and my eyes are strange, so I can never put on eye makeup without it looking weird. Help?

I don't really know if my eyes are like this because I'm Asian or just because they're unique... But when I open my eyes, the entire upper eyelid is hidden beneath the skin above it. Because of that, whenever I put eyeliner on, you can only see it on the bottom of my eye, which looks really stupid. And you can't see my eyeshadow unless I practically put it on up to my eyebrows. Is there anything I can do? Please help... and thanks in advance.I'm Asian, and my eyes are strange, so I can never put on eye makeup without it looking weird. Help?
I know EXACTLY what you're going through, so very interesting question. In my experience and what has worked best for me is a couple of techniques: 1) a dark smudgeable eyeliner for both the top and bottom of the eye 2) a black smokey eyeshadow to use for the eyelid. And yes I realize you say you can't see eyeshadow when you put it on, but the trick is to use that black eyeshadow to draw up an eyelid crease, in a sense. Then, you would use the other technique of a white shadow between the black and your brow to make your eyes appear bigger. Play around with it and see how it works. The trick is to not make it look like you're wearing a lot of eye makeup but for it to appear that your eyes are bigger, using makeup. Hope this helps, I know it works from experience.I'm Asian, and my eyes are strange, so I can never put on eye makeup without it looking weird. Help?
I'm not sure if your willing to put out the money for this, but have you ever picked up any asian magazines? ( they can be a bit expensive to ship from overseas) I have a few japanese fashion magazines ( jj, biteki, popteen) and all of them give tutorials for how to apply different cosmetics, such as eyeshadow/eyeliner for the asian shaped eye. You can buy them on websites such as yesasia.com or fujisan.com, or an asian specialty store if you're lucky enough to live by one.
Go to a MAC counter %26amp; ask them to help you figure out the best, most flattering way to pretty up your eyes. They may even recommend that you wear some false lashes. The people who work for MAC are really well trained %26amp; know how to help everyone who needs help w/ their cosmetics.
it is odd to me that you wonder if those eyes are due to being Asian and it is as if you are surrounded by non-Asians at the moment. I am Asian and my eyes are perfectly fine- for makeup applications which you mentioned. perhaps you would want to find some make up tricks in order to highlight your eyes in other unconventional ways. everyone has their unique features and you can highlight your features creatively- that it is if you bother at all being creative about it in this instance.
it's because your asian. maybe make your eyeliner a little thicker so that it reaches both parts of the eye.
yeah black eyeshadow but you have to put it like normal but towards he ens of your eye put it like cat eyes...Kinda like Elvira except for the part towrds the nose...lol.Or just use eyeliner towards the bottom and alotta mascara!
i have the same kind of eyes as you cuz im asian too. just put ur eyeliner on like everybody else and put it on the bottom of ur eyes and white eyeshadow or golds, browns or light purples the white eyeshadow really outlines ur eyes
White eye liner on you eye lid thing and it makes your eyes look wider and more open! also try brow eye shadow! i have gone there training for this!
i suggest u curl your lashes and wear heavy mascara if not, wear fake eyelashes and thin eyeliner on top!
You are supposed to put shadow up to the brow especially if you don't have much room. It opens your eyes. Use a shadow that is almost skin color but a shade lighter with shimmer. Sometimes going outside the lines isn't so bad. Infact, it is in style these days. Try going out instead of up. This is how I apply makeup in makeovers.





Emphasize on the outside rather than the top.





Good Luck!





Remember: play at home..its always removable. If you need help learning how to apply, go to a Clinique Counter for help!
Most Asians have those eyes.. I do too (even though I'm European). It doesn't matter. They look exotic
Always look on the bright side of life. If it would ordinarily take you 90 seconds to put on eye makeup in a day, that's 32850 seconds every year that you don't spend putting on eye makeup. That's 547 minutes, or a little over 9 hours. So basically, by dispensing with eye makeup, you get a whole vacation day every year that you wouldn't otherwise have!
try wearing contacts!
um mayb use a highlighter thing on ur browbones and use eyeliner on ur top lidright aboe the lashes and use a thick black mascara 2 make eyes pop....i dunno mayb make the shadow darker..i don really know how 2 fix the eyelids mayb ask a pro....get surgery? no jk idk bout that part..but hopefully this will hwlp a little...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting