Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ASIAN GIRLS: how do you put on makeup?

i live in a white area so idk how to put on makeup properly without looking like a clown





how do i make my eyes bigger and more popping?ASIAN GIRLS: how do you put on makeup?
I put on my powdered foundation 1st (tru minerals; $5 at Walmart)


then I apply my eyeliner (rimmel soft kohl %26amp; lash maxxx mascara; about $5/6 %26amp; it came w/ mascara)


then dark brown eyeshadow (Jane. Be pure minerals; $10 at CVS)


%26amp; I finish off with mascara (Maybelline Colossal Express; about $6-8 at Walmart)


oh %26amp; gloss (honey pure spring cool mint; $2 at Big Lots)ASIAN GIRLS: how do you put on makeup?
I know what you mean, monolids are so difficult but they can also be a fun challenge if you experiment. First off, i suggest you pick another facial feature you want to highlight other than your eyes. I have big lips, so I like bright lip colors and keep my eyes neutral.





For neutral eyes:


1. Apply concealer on your eyelid, set with loose powder. Add a base color in shimmery white or even pale gold, which would highlight yellow undertones.


2. Put light brown eyeshadow over the eyeball area and then blend a darker tone over the area where the crease should appear. Blend well. This should create the illusion of depth and size. I personally avoid pink eyeshadow because it clashes with my yellow skin and I look like I have sore eyes. Same goes for blue - it looks like I was punched.


3. Apply dark brown eyeliner pencil or eyeshadow (wet) using a slanted brush. Make the outer corners thicker (like super thicker than normal since it tends to disappear into the fold when you open your eyes) so it makes your eyes look bigger. I avoid liquid eyeliner because the lack of a crease makes it extremely difficult to apply, and it tends to smudge a lot more. I also read somewhere that black eyeliners could make your eyes look smaller, but it works the same in my experience.


4. Line your lower lashline, but only about 3/4 of the way starting from the outer edge. You don't have to apply it right at the waterline (where the eyelashes grow).





Things to remember:


- Find foundation that matches your skin tone. For Asian skin, Shu Uemura and Shiseido are wonderful.


- Moisturize! Asian skin is pretty delicate, so find a good moisturizer that is hypoallergenic and has SPF.


- If you don't want to look like a clown, just choose one facial feature to highlight at a time. But safe shades for all features are browns, pinks and peaches for yellow skin.


- Also try white eyeliner. A lot of sites say that'd make your eyes look bigger, but I personally find it a bit unnatural-looking. It does make you look more awake though. It's worth a shot.
I use Sheercover, the DVD u get with it will show you how to apply it. Also, hop onto youtube and type in make-up tutorials asian, you will get tips from asian girls on how to put on make-up according to your personal style. Personally I can't leave home without using the sheercover powder and eyeliner, bronzing powder and lip gloss.





I've found a tutorial for you. She's really good and she shows you how and what to apply from start to finish. Also, good if you can't afford the more expensive brands :) Good luck and please let me know how you go
i'm asian too but i don't have a monolid.


Aw damn, must suck to have a monolid.


Just use a shimmery white eyeliner and sweep it across your bottom eye rimes. Use mascara to open up your eyes, and obvious a good eyelash curler. I heard plum coloured mascara makes our eye whites whiter. There's this anastasia eye lights shimmer and you put it on your undereye and blend it out so you'll look much more awake. Also, use the benefit highbeam across your cheek and brow bones.
makeup gourmet did a two part special on eye makeup for asian women. visit makeupgourmet.com.


i'm asian myself so i'm subscribed to ricebunny or michellephan (it's one and the same youtube channel) and xteeener. their makeup tutorials are very helpful in bringing the eyes more. xteeener is also detailed on the brushes she uses because she also has a that asian eyelid.
use dark brown liner but not inside the eye, white or a light color on the lid and above it a dark color..blend..smoky effect! Mascara and nicely groomed eye brows and you will look smashing. Don't over do on the smoky..I would practice a few time before leaving the house! :) I watched a few video's on youtube with some great tips!
http://www.youtube.com/user/fafinettex3





http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan





I love Asian girls
I'm asian but I don't have a monolid.


Anyways, I just put on eyeshadow, then curl lashes, and put on clear mascara for a natural look.
put white eyeliner on , because as what i have read on my magazine, it makes your eyes look bigger...
i love almay intense i-color for brown eyes n anything with shimmer or glitter i use a light hand when applying anything
type in asian makeup on youtube it'l give u somethin!
do you have a monolid ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting